The Russian cat is oneof one of the most famous cats because of its gorgeous appearance and distinctive characteristic.
They are simple to take care of and have a strong personality However, they also have an interest that you’d want to know. We’ll discuss their history along with their character, health and even photos. How do we start?
Russian blue cat
There isn’t much information about its ancestry however it’s thick coat is a sign that it comes from colder weather.
In particular in their namesake they originate from the northern part of Russia.
It is among the most ancient feline speciesin the world today, There isn’t any evidence to suggest that it was subjected to the genetic manipulation of humans.
Russian Blue Russian Blue is a breed of cat that is easily distinguished in comparison to other breeds. Particularly due to the silver-toned fur. They have short hair and medium-sized cats, mainly due to the silver tone of their fur.
They were introduced into Northern Europe in 1860, however, their first social appearance was during an exhibit of cat breeds in 1875 , in London however it wasn’t until 1939 when they were officially recognised by the name of Russian Blue Cat
It was at first confused with other cats that had blue fur, such as The Carthusian Cat or even the Nebelung.
Russian cat traits
Russian cats are intelligent elegant, graceful, tranquil and a bit shy, however, they’re avid gamers.
They are awestruck by the ability to run, jump and climb up to the highest spots in the house, in which you can observe and enjoy with other humans as well as pets.
They are cats that are independent and can be indoors in their own space all day long without difficulty.
A little scepticism towards those they do not know, but along with their owners, they are extremely loyal and intimate cats who crave attention and affection.
If you find that a Russian blue cat has feelings of affection for you it is best to repay her love by giving her plenty of love or else she’ll feel overwhelmed and lonely.
Physical characteristics of the Russian blue cat
Russian blue cat medium size. With a robust and beautiful body structure. The coat is thin and bluish-gray, or silver. They sport large eyes and an emerald green hue.
Males weigh between 3.5 up to seven kilograms, while females can weigh from 3 to 5 kilograms.
The head of the creature is a triangular prism that is neither shorter nor longer, but it is proportional to the body’s dimensions.
The ears are large and pointed to the top. The tail is extremely long, proportional to its torso , and is also adorned with shorter hair.
In 1939, when in which the Russian blue cat breed became recognized by the government, World War II began.
In this way, they started to mix to form a Russian blue cat and other Scandinavian breeds, leading to the development of the physical traits that cats of this breed are today.
A few species or variants of this category are distinct. Based on the source of the species, it can be determined if it’s European as well as American.
Russian cat of the European type
Within the European varieties, you will discern less stylized and smaller Russian blue cats with an edgier appearance. Some cats are from Scandinavian origin, with more robust skin and longer fur.
Russian American cat type
If you’re who are of American descent these are cats that have the appearance of a little more floral and a body line and ears that are a bit lower than normal.
Health and care of a Russian cat
Can Russian cat breedssuffer from certain illnesses that they suffer due to simple inheritance.
Due to their strong construction, they’re generally healthy and healthy cats, with a life span of about 15 years.
- The best thing to do when you own an Russian blue cat is regularly take him for a visit to the veterinarian. Do not wait until you are sick to make an appointment as the goal is to take control of his vaccinations as well as his general health. To avoid the development of illnesses.
- One thing you must remember is cats are felines with a large appetite. In order to prevent this, ensure that they eat a balanced diet. If you can keep it under control, you will keep it from reaching the level of obesity.
- It is recommended that the Russian Blue Cat should be provided with the proper care, like brushing their coats regularly to prevent excessive loss of hair and be able to avoid problems with Trichobezoar (accumulation of hairballs within the digestive tract).
- Make sure to brush your teeth at least twice every month to prevent gum disease.
- Cleanse her eyes and ears frequently and take care.
- Cut her nails, and ensure that your scraper is home to sharpen her. If you aren’t sure how to clip your nails, take a to the blog on how to clip cat nails.
- The proper feed should provide the right nutritional value. Beware of feeds that are rich in grains as they can cause food allergies.
Adopt a Russian blue cat
Russian blue cat breeds have delighted humans with their beauty and affection for a long time throughout history.
It is a sought-after breed by those who wish to share their lives with cats within their home.
At QITATI We always suggest adoptions as the best option regardless of whether they are breeds or not.
However, it is the truth that the cats are typically raised by breeders with certification and it’s difficult to locate the cats to adopt. The cost for the Russian blue cat can vary between 500 and 800 euros.
She is optimistic about her decision, as it’s a decision that is responsible and unfortunately the idea of abandoning cats is an awful truth.
As we’ve seen, the cats as well as being elegant, beautiful and strong physically, they possess the ideal personality to be the best company.
We hope that you be able to share this post with your acquaintances for the event that you are searching for the “Russian cat” to be the new addition to your family or should there is already one in your home.